Many of our Dallas SEO clients are concerned about Google Panda and the constant changes coming from Google, and Panda may adversely impact their business. Trust me, I am concerned as well, for all of us. But I see Google Panda as an opportunity to optimize your business and take advantage of these upgrades as Google improves search engine optimization and search engine marketing.
Here are are few helpful articles on Google Panda:
There are 2 main ways to keep up and take advantage of the constant SEO changes.
1. Get a good Google Certified SEO Consultant, who is trained on Google and keeps pace daily with the ongoing updates.
2. Monitor and Measure your SEO results with SEO Reporting and SEO Analytics
The purpose of this SEO Blog is to talk about the 2nd point. Don’t worry, Measure! Here is what you need to do to ensure you “know” the impact of Panda on your business and have new SEO strategies to keep pace with and take advantage of those changes to beat your competitors and drive sales with SEO.
Step 1- Have a good website tracking and analytics package. Google Analytics is a good one, and Free! There are many others that may have benefits for your particular needs.
Step 2 – Review at least weekly or monthly for the following metrics:
- Organic SEO Traffic
- Top Keyword Traffic – what pages are optimized for those top keywords
- Keyword Ranking Reports – what is your google rank for each keyword you are targeting
- Links to Your Site – how many back links do you have, and what are their sources
- Search Query – Impressions and clicks for each keyword that google served up
- URLs in Web Index – how many pages do search engines think you have?
- Keywords – what keywords does Google think your site is about. Do they correlate to what you expected or hoped?
- Bounce and Conversion Rates – per page, Google doesn’t like to drive traffic to pages that bounce. Why should a search engine send a customer to a page that all previous customers didn’t like?
Step 3 – Review the weekly SEO monitoring reports and analytics and determine if any major changes affected your site. You may be able to correlate major changes to Panda releases, or your own website updates.
Step 4 – Integrate your SEO findings from Step 3 into an SEO Strategic Plan that will work to improve weak points, maximize what is working, and tune your site to keep pace with Google. Pay particular attention to your landing pages, that they convert and don’t bounce. Some SEO site redesigns may be necessary or rethinking the sales funnel on your website.
For more information on SEO Services Dallas please visit us.